This Chicken Sausage Stew with Potatoes is delicious, easy to make, and on the table in under 25 minutes. Grab the recipe below!
Inspired by a dish I have grown to love at an early age. A Hungarian inspired dish, of potatoes and paprika. It was a staple in our household and well-loved by all.
#ad This post is a paid partnership with Al Fresco Chicken. However, all opinions and thoughts in this post are my own. Thank you for supporting this blog and the brands that make it possible!
I used Al Fresco Sweet Italian Style Chicken Sausage in this version of the dish, with sweet red peppers, celery, potatoes, onions, chicken broth, and paprika. It made a deliciously hearty stew that’s also healthier and family-friendly.
Al Fresco Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage is fully cooked, gluten-free, grillable, microwaveable, and perfect to keep on hand for a quick and delicious stove-top meal like this one. It was a perfect addition to this Chicken Sausage Stew with Potatoes. And you can’t beat the price.
First, I sautéed the onions, celery, and peppers with avocado oil. Then, I added the sausage, potatoes, and broth. Lastly, I brought it all to a boil and then simmered until the potatoes became nice and tender. All of this took less than 25 minutes.
Got paprika? There’s Hungarian paprika, Spanish paprika, sweet, spicy, and smoked. I love them all. For this recipe, I used smoked paprika and sweet paprika, both of which you can find in your grocery store’s spice aisle.
Busy mom like me? Then this is for you.
This dish is so delicious freshly made and it is almost better as leftovers. It is a great option for my meal prep friends out there and it’s a wonderful #TasteOfHome. Enjoy!
Check out my other easy meal ideas.
Here’s the recipe:
A quick and easy one pot meal with AL Fresco Sweet Italian Style Chicken Sausage. #Ad #TasteOfHome @alfrescochicken
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Celery (Chopped)
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper (Chopped)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 Cups cubed potatoes (About 4-5 medium potatoes)
- 32 oz Chicken Stock
- 1 Package Al Fresco Chicken Sausage (Pre-cooked, sliced or cubed - About 2 Cups)
- Parsley for garnish
- In a dutch oven on medium heat, heat the avocado oil.
- Add the onions, celery, and red peppers. Cook for 4/5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the spices; salt, pepper, paprika and bay leaf. Mix and let toast for a minute.
- Add the cubed potatoes and chicken sausage, mix, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Chicken Stock.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on medium for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh or dried parsley.
- Calories 314
- Total Fat: 28 g 43.08%
- Saturated Fat: 3 g 15%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 3207 mg 133.63%
- Potassium: 69 mg 1.97%
- Total Carbohydrate: 10 g %
- Sugar: 6 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Vitamin A: 23.04%
- Calcium: 12 mg 1.2%
- Iron: 1 mg 5.56%