Black Bean Burgers
A flavorful mix of black beans, sweet potatoes and delicious spices make up these Black Bean Burgers. A meatless option yet still tasty and definitely filling. Easy to make and perfect to freeze too for future meals.
25 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
4 Black Bean Burger Patties
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 1 medium cooked sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wash the sweet potato and slice it in two. Sprinkle the flesh with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake face down on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 15-20 minutes; Until fork tender.
- Next, crack open the can of black beans, rinse them and drain them well. Place them on a plate with paper towels. Then place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and put them in the oven for about 8-10 minutes to dry them out.
- Add the beans to a mixing bowl and roughly mash them with a fork.
- Add the sweet potatoes and mash them with the fork as well.
- Add the egg, spices, scallions, panko breadcrumbs and Worcestershire sauce to the bowl and mix well.
- Use a 1/2 cup measuring spoon, spray it with oil and fill it with the black bean burger mixture. Turn it onto a parchment lined baking sheet and repeat. Use the back of the measuring cup to flatten the burgers slightly. The mixture yields 4 burger patties.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes.
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover sweet potatoes and beans for an even quicker meal.
Serve over a bed of lettuce like I did or with a burger bun and your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
- Calories 280
- Total Fat: 6 g 9.23%
- Saturated Fat: 1 g 5%
- Cholesterol: 175 mg 58.33%
- Sodium: 2179 mg 90.79%
- Potassium: 232 mg 6.63%
- Total Carbohydrate: 42 g %
- Sugar: 3 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Vitamin A: 30.88%
- Calcium: 72 mg 7.2%
- Iron: 3 mg 16.67%
From this moment on, all of my recipes will be at the top of the post, starting with the recipe for these Black Bean Burgers. There’s nothing more annoying to me than scrolling and scrolling through useless chatter before getting exactly what you came here for. Do you agree?
New beginnings on Detroit Is For Foodies. Tell all of your friends 🙂
These Black Bean Burgers are so simple to make, packed with flavor and most importantly, they are tasty AF! I’m serious! Serve them on a bun, Ezekiel bread, flatbread, crumbled up on a pita… The options are limitless. I like them on a bed of baby lettuce with tomatoes, onions, avocado, and topped with my Chipotle Chili Dressing.
How would you eat them?
Do you like to meal prep? These Black Bean Burgers are perfect for that. They freeze beautifully and reheat just as beautifully and quickly in the microwave or oven. Quick and easy meals are my favorite.
Want to freeze them for future meals?
Here’s what you need to do:
- Cook them completely.
- Allow them to cool completely.
- Place them in the freezer for 2-3 hours on a sheet pan.
- Place the frozen burgers in an airtight container and store them in the freezer for no longer than six months. It helps to note the date that you froze them on the container.
If you need any spices or pantry staples, order from Thrive Market via this link for 25% off of your order. I love their organic spices and they are a great value. I’ve been ordering from them during this COVID-19 pandemic. Get your items shipped safely to your doorstep.
As always, thank you for reading and know that I welcome any of your feedback on my recipes that you decide to try.
Here’s a video of me making the recipe https://www.instagram.com/tv/B–OQ3HD1ph/