Baked Cheesy Spinach Dip
This Baked Cheesy Spinach Dip has been a staple at recent family and friends gatherings at our house.
It is not only delicious, but it is also easy to prepare especially because it can be prepared ahead of time, refrigerated, and baked before your guests arrive. I mean it could be prepared the night before, which I love and is very helpful. Easy entertaining at its finest.
Now, I’ll be honest, this Baked Cheesy Spinach Dip is not the healthiest of appetizers. It contains a lot of mozzarella and parmesan cheese as well as sour cream and cream cheese. The healthy parts are the spinach and the garlic. Which is not that much but, all in moderation, my friends!
I used fresh spinach for this dip, which I like to saute then drain and roughly chop. I also used organic parmesan in case you were wondering about the brownish color of the cheese topping.
Sauteeing the garlic is key here. Just quickly, one minute, and it helps bring out the garlic flavor which you can taste in the finished product. I love garlic!
I like to serve this Baked Cheesy Spinach Dip with thinly sliced baguette but, crackers or tortilla chips would work well too.
So, are you entertaining this holiday season? If so, print this recipe! Also, prep it the day before and pop it in the oven the day of, for a yummy start to a great party. You may also divide the mixture into two smaller baking dishes and bake separately for a fresh batch.
This holiday season I refuse to spend the entire time in the kitchen, cooking. While everyone else is enjoying themselves. I’m going to take the easy route and prep everything well ahead of time. Who’s with me?
For more party foods check out my other recipes HERE Need even more inspiration? Check out this list of dips on the Delish website. https://www.delish.com/entertaining/g1442/super-bowl-dips/
As always, thank you for being here!
This Baked Cheesy Spinach Dip is sure to warm your belly and the bellies of your party guests. Serves well with bread, tortilla chips, or crackers.
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
1 Baking Dish
- 10 oz Fresh Spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 oz Cream Cheese at room temp
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, divided
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- To a mixing bowl add the Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese.
- In a large skillet, sautee the spinach with the butter for about 4 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Using a spatula move the spinach to the side of the skillet and add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for about a minute.
- Add the spinach mixture to the bowl with the dairy products.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Spray a 9"x12" baking dish with cooking spray. Add the mixture to the baking dish.
- Distribute the mixture equally in the dish, then top with 1/2 cup Mozzarella and 1/4 Cup Parmesan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until nice and bubbly.
- Switch the oven to broil. Broil for 3 minutes for a nice cheesy finish.
- Calories 205
- Total Fat: 17 g 26.15%
- Saturated Fat: 10 g 50%
- Cholesterol: 53 mg 17.67%
- Sodium: 385 mg 16.04%
- Potassium: 198 mg 5.66%
- Total Carbohydrate: 5 g %
- Sugar: 2 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Vitamin A: 65.24%
- Calcium: 227 mg 22.7%
- Iron: 1 mg 5.56%