Cornbread Muffins make a wonderful side for all of those comfort meals that we crave once in a while. Or, comfort meals that I crave daily during these Michigan winter months.
These Cornbread Muffins happened because I made my Chili Recipe and needed something to go with them.
We usually eat chili with Fritos or crackers but thought I’d go for something homemade and even more delicious this time.
Now, this recipe makes a batch of 22-24 muffins, depending on how well you fill each cup. So, cut the recipe in half if you don’t need so many muffins.
These Cornbread Muffins freeze really well too and get warmed up real quickly in the oven or microwave.
Add a dollop of butter and you are set. So delicious and perfectly matched with a bowl of chili.
Here’s the recipe for these bad boys:
A great side to all those hearty comfort meals we love so much.
20 minPrep Time
22 minCook Time
42 minTotal Time
- 1/2 Cup Butter - Melted
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Cornmeal (I used PAN)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners (I used a 24 muffin pan)
- Melt the butter and set aside.
- Add the eggs and sugar to a mixing bowl and mix well on medium, approximately 2-3 minutes (I used a Stand Mixer with the paddle attachment)
- Reduce the mixer to low and slowly add the butter, milk, and vanilla. Mix for about a minute.
- Next, add the baking powder, salt, flour and cornmeal, one at a time.
- Mix for 3 minutes, until well combined.
- Add the honey and mix for 5 seconds.
- Scoop the mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Calories 143
- Total Fat: 5 g 7.69%
- Saturated Fat: 3 g 15%
- Cholesterol: 12 mg 4%
- Sodium: 231 mg 9.63%
- Potassium: 56 mg 1.6%
- Total Carbohydrate: 23 g %
- Sugar: 10 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Vitamin A: 3.76%
- Calcium: 29 mg 2.9%
- Iron: 1 mg 5.56%