Fall is upon us, my friends! It is my favorite season of them all. Why? Because I love the cooler temperatures, open windows, long sessions of stove top cooking, baking, and all the spices and aromas that come with the season.
Give me all the cinnamon, apples, pumpkins and these seasonal Cranberry Apple Muffins. I’m a sucker for it all.
This easy muffin recipe is perfect to awaken your fall senses. The apples, cinnamon and cranberries make a great satisfying mix and are great for on the go eating. These are ideal for a quick breakfast especially when warmed up a tad with a touch of butter. Yum! Because butter makes everything better, am I right?
Give me a cup of hot coffee and i’m in heaven. Take them on a road trip, to those soccer games or grab them as a snack while cleaning up your yard. Whatever your lifestyle and needs, these will help you. Trust me, because I know. 🙂
I used my new Oster HEATSOFT Hand Mixer for this recipe. Have you ever wanted to bake something and the recipe calls for room temperature or melted butter??
I get ideas constantly, because I can’t stop thinking about food, and I want to execute them right away, only to get this major cold butter road block. Well, this mixer plows straight through that cold butter road block, and softens the butter for you within minutes. It’s perfect and I love using it for quick baking recipes.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m obsessed with my stand mixer. But, it doesn’t help me when I have ice cold butter.
These Cranberry Apple Muffins take less than 30 minutes to pull off and you will reap the benefits for many days. In my opinion, it is worth the little investment of your time. Oh, they are also kid friendly so that’s an added bonus and perfect for back to school.
Are you ready to bake this fall? I sure am. Here’s another seasonal apple recipe for you, which is also flour-less – Apple Turmeric Ginger Oatmeal Muffins.
Happy fall to all of you! Get out there and enjoy the fresh air with muffins in hand. As always, thanks for reading.
Delicious seasonal muffins with cranberries, apples, cinnamon and brown sugar.
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 8 tbsp butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated apples (3 medium apples. I used Granny Smith)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Measure out the dry ingredients in a small bowl, mix and set aside (Flour, baking soda, baking powder, pinch of salt and cinnamon).
- Cube the cold butter and place it in a deep mixing bowl. Using your Oster HeatSoft Hand Mixer, melt the butter and mix until nice and fluffy. Alternatively, use room temperature butter.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar and mix until incorporated with the butter.
- Add the eggs and mix for 3-4 minutes. The mixture should look creamy.
- Next, add the vanilla and mix it in well.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients 1/2 cup at a time. Incorporate well before adding the next batch. Mix for about a minute on medium after all the dry ingredients have been added.
- Use a spatula to fold in the apples and cranberries.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Calories 186
- Total Fat: 8 g 12.31%
- Saturated Fat: 5 g 25%
- Cholesterol: 20 mg 6.67%
- Sodium: 333 mg 13.88%
- Potassium: 20 mg 0.57%
- Total Carbohydrate: 28 g %
- Sugar: 15 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Vitamin A: 5.72%
- Calcium: 10 mg 1%
- Iron: 1 mg 5.56%
GiveItAWhirlGirlSeptember 25, 2018 at 11:20 am
Hannah HillerSeptember 25, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Miss AiSeptember 25, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Hannah HillerSeptember 25, 2018 at 3:54 pm