Happy Friday, friends!! What a perfect and rainy day to do some summer baking.
I have been working on perfecting this Zucchini Bread recipe this spring. I made several versions of it, with different ingredients, and this Chia Almond version won. It is so delicious, seasonal and on the healthier side.
I made it with only 1/2 cup of sugar and added coconut oil instead of generic oil. The addition of the Chia Seeds and raw almond slices, give it a nice texture. I sprinkled the top with Domino Honey Granules and more almonds to give it a nice sweet, crunchy crust. The zucchini keeps the inside nice and moist for a melt in your mouth kind of bite.
This zucchini bread is perfect for a healthier breakfast on the go, or warmed up with a little butter and a cup of coffee or tea. Oh, and its the easiest thing to put together too.
Here’s another delicious bread recipe. This one is a Banana Bread with Chia Seeds: Banana Bread with Chia Seeds
A delicious and versatile loaf of bread, made with zucchini, almonds and chia seeds.
10 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- • 2 large eggs
- • 1/2 cup sugar
- • 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- • 1/2 cup coconut oil
- • 1 tsp vanilla
- • 1 1/2 cups flour
- • 1/2 tsp baking soda
- • 1/2 tsp baking powder
- • 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- • 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- • 2 tbsp chia seeds
- • Domino's Honey Granules (optional)
- 1. Mix the dry ingredients: Flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- 2. Add the sugar and the eggs to the bowl of a stand mixer. Use the paddle attachment and mix until nice and creamy, about 5-7 minutes.
- 3. Add the coconut oil and vanilla and continue mixing for another 3-4 minutes, until everything is well incorporated and smooth.
- 4. Add the zucchini, chia seeds and almonds then mix everything in nicely.
- 5. Add all of the dry ingredients, 1/3 cup at a time.
- 6. Spray a loaf pan with your preferred cooking spray and place the batter in it. Sprinkle the top with honey granules and almonds, if you prefer. I used Raw Sliced Almonds.
- 7. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour. After an hour, insert a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean. If not, and if its doughy still, bake for an additional 5-10 minutes and test again.
Tip: Place the loaf pan on a cookie sheet, then into the oven. This will help with any over flow!
- Calories 301
- Total Fat: 17 g 26.15%
- Saturated Fat: g 0%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 127 mg 5.29%
- Potassium: 115 mg 3.29%
- Total Carbohydrate: 34 g %
- Sugar: 13 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Vitamin A: 2.94%
- Calcium: 44 mg 4.4%
- Iron: 2 mg 11.11%