Good morning, friends!
It is just another Saturday morning in the Hiller household. Why is it that on weekdays the kids need to be woken up but on weekends they wake up just fine and super early too?! I will never understand…
I am a breakfast lover. Are you? This is a quick and easy breakfast that could be made with a variety of ingredients. For example: Replace the mozzarella cheese with Feta cheese and add a little red onion to saute with the spinach for a Greek style omelet.
I used the egg whites only, because I had them leftover from a dessert I made. Feel free to use the whole egg if you wish.
Cheers to the weekend. I hope you find yourself enjoying your family and friends, and that you make it into the kitchen to unwind a little bit with one of my recipes.
Flavorful Egg White Omelet
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Cup baby spinach
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream or Milk
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella, shredded
- 2 Bacon strips (chopped)
- Salt+Pepper+Red Pepper Flakes
- On medium heat, melt the butter in a medium non stick pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites with the cream or milk until fluffy. Season with a sprinkle of salt.
- Add the spinach to the pan and sautee for 2 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the spinach and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium/low heat.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the egg whites and fold each side in with a spatula.
- Cook for another minute or so.
- Remove the omelete to a plate and sprinkle with bacon bits, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Recipe written and tested by Hannah Hiller of Detroitisforfoodies.com
Leave a Reply