These beauties came together with the help of a fridge clean out… The cauliflower needed to be used or tossed. So it got used!
Do you ever buy something at the grocery store simply because it looks good and fresh? Without any actual plans for it? I do it all the time. Luckily, most of the time, said item yields something quite delicious and it’s a pleasant surprise… There are also times when said item gets tossed and that’s a real shame. The guilt is real!
These fritters are made exactly how I would make potato pancakes. I love potato pancakes. I also love cauliflower. This was a no-brainer. Cold-ish fall evening paired with these fritters for dinner, was a real treat.
Give these a try soon, please!!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 eggs (OR 1/4 cup coconut oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup flour (as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A good sprinkle of black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Cut the cauliflower into small to medium florets and place them in a food processor.
- Remove the riced cauliflower to a large bowl. Add the garlic, eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix well until thoroughly combined. Add additional flour if the mixture is too runny.
- Heat the oil, on medium heat, in a non stick frying pan. I used a large non stick frying pan and filled it with about an inch of oil.
- You will have to get your hands dirty for this… Place a spoonful of the mixture into the palm of your hand and form a ball, then flatten it slightly and place it into the hot oil.
- Fry them for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned nicely and of course, crispy.
Recipe written and tested by Hannah Hiller of Detroitisforfoodies.com