If you are a Michigan resident and you like fresh meat from animals raised on a family farm, give John Henry’s a try. No, I am not sponsored by them. However, I’ve been a customer for quite some time and have enjoyed every single order from their farm. I usually order a bundle and exhaust every piece of everything; including the bones.
These pork chops were delivered fresh, last week. Since I was going out of town, I had to freeze them. But that didn’t take away from their deliciousness at Sunday’s supper.
This is such a simple recipe with great fresh flavors. The asparagus and apple mix make a great side for the chop.
It is also nice to have a husband who enjoys grilling. After all, two are better than one for dinner prep.
Pork Chop Dinner for Two
- 2 Bone In Pork Chops
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 2 Medium Apples
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1-2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Garlic powder
- Oregano flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Season the pork chops with salt, pepper, and oregano flakes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Overnight is perfect too.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill on a charcoal grill if possible, about 8-10 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of the pork chop). Let rest for a a few minutes before serving.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil.
- In the meantime, clean the asparagus and snap off the woody ends.
- Core the apples and slice them and also thinly slice the onion.
- Place the onions in the saute pan and cook until translucent.
- Add the asparagus and the apples.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and lemon juice to taste.
- Cover the pan and let cook for 5-7 minutes or until desired crunchiness is reached for the asparagus.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Note: This dish would be great with a glass of red or white wine.
Recipe written and tested by Hannah Hiller of Detroitisforfoodies.com