These egg rolls are so delicious and come out extra crunchy. I love them! The sweet chili sauce for dipping is killer too.
I make these with ground beef but they are also delicious with pork or a beef and pork mixture. Scratch the meat all together for a vegetarian option.
Let me know how you like them!
Easy Crunchy Egg Rolls
- 1 lb ground beef cooked and drained
- 1 package coleslaw mix (14 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 3 scallions chopped (reserve a tablespoon for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or 1 teaspoon liquid aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 20 eggs roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil for frying on medium heat; about 2-3 inches.
- In another large skillet, heat 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil on medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger then cook for one minute until nice and fragrant.
- Add the coleslaw to the garlic and ginger, mix well. Cook for 3-5 minutes until semi soft.
- Remove from the heat and add the ground beef, scallions, sesame oil, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Mix well until everything is well incorporated.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the mixture on each egg roll wrapper and roll. How to roll egg rolls
- Place the rolls in the frying oil and cook until golden brown. Remove from the frying pan onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce and garnish with the reserved scallions.
Recipe written and tested by Hannah Hiller of Detroitisforfoodies.com