Happy Friday, everyone!
I was up early this morning and for once my boys slept in a little. By little, I mean they woke up at 7:15 AM instead of 6:30 AM. We are making progress in the Hiller household with this sleeping-in situation. Because I started the day in good spirits, I decided to treat my co-workers this morning by making this easy banana bread.
This is what a little time on my hands will do. Oh, and several ripe bananas played a key role.
The finished product was quite tasty and it was well received.
As for the Chia Seeds, I’ve been using the Wheat Montana – Organic Whole Black Chia Seeds, which you can find here Chia Seeds.
I hope you all have a wonderful Father’s Day weekend!
Banana Bread With Chia Seeds
- 1 Stick of unsalted butter
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Bananas, mashed
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds + more for sprinkling on top
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ Cups All-Purpose flour
- 1/3 Cup walnuts, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer at medium speed, cream together the butter and the sugar until nice and frothy; about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, vanilla, chia seeds, mashed bananas, and let mix until well incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to slow speed and add the salt, baking soda and the flour. Mix until well incorporated once more.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the stand, and fold in the walnuts using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased loaf pan, sprinkle with Chia seeds and bake for 50-55 minutes.
OPTIONAL: Line the loaf pan with parchment paper.
Recipe written and tested by Hannah Hiller of Detroitisforfoodies.com