Happy Friday, everyone! I was up early this morning and for once my boys slept in a little. By little, I mean they woke up at 7:15 AM instead of 6:30 AM. We are making progress in the Hiller household with this sleeping-in situation.
I decided to treat my co-workers this morning, and made this easy banana bread. I had several ripe bananas laying around and a little time on my hands.
The finished product was quite tasty and it was well received.
As for the Chia Seeds, I’ve been using the Wheat Montana – Organic Whole Black Chia Seeds, which you can find here Chia Seeds.
I hope you all have a wonderful Father’s Day weekend!
Banana Bread + Chia Seeds
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 3 Bananas, mashed
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 + ¼ Cups All-Purpose flour
- 1/3 Cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Chia seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer at medium speed, cream together the butter and the sugar until nice and frothy; about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and the mashed bananas, and let mix until well incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to slow speed and add the salt, baking soda and the flour. Mix until well incorporated once more.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the stand, and fold in the walnuts using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased loaf pan, sprinkle with Chia seeds and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Recipe written and tested by Hannah Hiller of Detroitisforfoodies.com