Well, you won’t find a more refreshing mix than this one for a salad. This salad screams SUMMER and I love it!!!
Take 15 minutes out of your busy day and make this. You will love it too. And if you don’t, you can drop it off at my house so I can eat it.
If you are hosting a party, I promise that your guests will be impressed with this mix as well.
Play around and mix this up with various seasonal ingredients; add cantaloupe, peaches, blackberries, and even your favorite crumbled cheeses. Pure deliciousness and OH so fresh and light.
I served this with a soft boiled egg for brunch. I also made it as a side dish for steak and have used it as an appetizer too.
Hope you like it as much as I do!
Watermelon + Prosciutto + Mint Salad
- 4 cups seedless watermelon – cubed
- ¼ lb of prosciutto – crisped
- 1 lime juiced
- Mint leaves to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a non-stick pan, cook the thinly sliced prosciutto on low heat, until nice and crispy (5 minutes or so). Remove onto a paper-towel lined plate and let cool.
- Cube the watermelon and place into a salad bowl.
- Chop some of the mint and save the rest as garnish.
- Combine the watermelon, prosciutto, and mint. Lightly toss with lime juice to taste and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish and serve.
Optional: Add ½ cup of Feta Cheese to the mix OR ½ cup of Goat Cheese.
Recipe written and tested by Hannah Hiller of Detroitisforfoodies.com