Are you looking for something fresh, healthy and delicious to make or bring to a summer party? Check out this salad!
Growing up, this type of salad was always on our breakfast, lunch and dinner table. We were lucky to have fresh veggie from the garden, too.
You can mix this up by adding radishes or even thinly sliced peppers. You can’t mess this up, really!
I used to eat this salad with fresh homemade bread and butter. I mean I used to dip the bread in the leftover dressing. Try it. I bet you will love it too!
I made this batch for a crowd. Cut it down for your needs. I often make an individual bowl just for myself too.
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 medium onion (I used a red one)
- 3 medium tomatoes
- Salt (a good pinch or two)
- Pepper (a good pinch)
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Dill (optional)
- Use a mandolin to slice the cucumber and the onion nice and thin.
- On a cutting board, cup up the tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the veggies and toss lightly.
- Add the salt, pepper, apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
- Toss lightly and adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
- Sprinkle with dill weed (optional).
Tip: If you bring this to a party, before setting it out, toss and check the seasonings. Adjust as needed.
Recipe written and tested by Hannah Hiller of Detroitisforfoodies.com