This salad is so fresh and so easy to put together. It can easily be prepped in advance too, and simply constructed minutes before your meal.
The idea is very similar to the Thai Meatball Lettuce Wraps I have posted. However, it doesn’t involve as many ingredients. I guess its a simplified version for a quick weeknight meal.
Let me know how you like it! XO
Thai Turkey Meatball Salad
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs or more
- 1 medium red onion grated
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- A good pinch each of salt and pepper
- 2 Romaine hearts
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1 small daikon sliced
- Sweet chili sauce to taste
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons red chili paste
- Splash of water
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix; turkey, egg, bread crumbs, grated onion, fish sauce. Add salt and pepper and mix until well incorporated. Add additional bread crumbs if the mixture is too soft. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove the meat mixture from the refrigerator and using an ice cream scooper or a tablespoon, scoop the meat into the palm of your hands and form a medium ball. Use up all of the meat.
- Cook the meatballs for 30 minutes total and rotate once after 15 minutes of baking.
- In the meantime, prepare your lettuce, carrot, red cabbage, daikon and scallions. Feel free to use a pre-packaged coleslaw mix to simply things. Also, mix up the dressing in a small bowl.
- When the meatballs are done cooking, toss them in the sweet chili sauce, to taste. (I could drink sweet chili sauce so I’m not even going to attempt to tell you how much to use).
- Prep your plate starting with the romaine, cabbage, daikon and carrots. Top with meatballs and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with the scallions and enjoy!
Recipe written and tested by Hannah Hiller of Detroitisforfoodies.com