These Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins are perfect to make ahead for a few days of breakfast or snacks. Meal prep has helped me tremendously by eliminating the “What are we eating?” stressors.
I had some Bob’s Red Mill Organic Gluten Free Rolled Oats that were about to expire. I couldn’t let them die. So, I whipped up these delicious Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins and three out of four people in my household loved them.
This morning, I enjoyed them while sipping on my extra strong coffee.
Tomorrow, I will eat them with Greek yogurt. I can also see myself eating them with a glass of cold milk while they are warm. Yumm!
Let me know how you like them. These Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins are definitely a beakfast staple in my house and I make them again and again. It is fun to play around with the flavors too.
Try to substitute the banana with 3/4 cups of pumpkin pure or sweet potato pure for a different take on these delicious muffins.
Here are some other baked goods that you might enjoy: Cranberry Apple Muffins
Here’s the recipe:
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 banana (mashed) or 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup cashew milk (almond milk works too)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups rolled oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin (12 muffin tin) with cooking spray.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl. Add the milk, egg, syrup, vanilla, oil, lemon zest and juice. Whisk well until combined and smooth.
- Add the oats, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, blueberries and mix well.
- Spoon the oatmeal mixture into the muffin cups.About two spoonfuls per muffin.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove and let cool.
*You can use a mini muffin tin for these and make them bite sized*
Recipe written and tested by Hannah Hiller of Detroitisforfoodies.com