It’s such a gloomy day in Detroit today. We’ve had a little bit of everything; rain, snow, sleet, and hail.
I usually drink one cup of coffee before I leave the house in the morning. But today, I needed an extra boost. This lavender and chamomile tea latte, is so dreamy and so soothing. I promise you will love it. Although, I wish I were on the couch enjoying this deliciousness, and not at my desk at work.
Speaking of work… I’ve been working on my frothing game, which has improved significantly. My old frother, which was made out of glass, recently broke and so I bought this little frother on Amazon and it is the best $15.00 I’ve spent in a while (Frother).
Anyhow, I didn’t have culinary lavender handy (It is on order though ;)) and so I used a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil for this recipe. If you do have culinary lavender, you can make a simple syrup infused with the lavender and use that instead.
A simple syrup consists of equal parts water and sugar boiled for a few minutes. Add the lavender flowers and let steep for a few minutes. Strain it and use for your lattes and other drinks.
Make this! Please.. Then let me know what you think. Have a great day, everyone! XO
Lavender Chamomile Latte
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- ½ cup hot milk
- 2-3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Heat the milk and your water until hot.
- Steep the tea bag in the hot water for a few minutes or as directed on the packaging.
- Place the hot milk in a frother and froth for 2-3 minutes or so. Let it rest for a minute before use.
- Add the lavender drops and the honey to the tea and mix well.
- Pour the tea into a cup and top with the milk from the frother.
This recipe was written and tested by me, Hannah Hiller of detroitisforfoodies.com
AmalApril 5, 2017 at 4:04 am