I love the freshness of this salad. It is also super light and easy to make.
I used fresh beans which I soaked over night and then boiled in salty water with a bay leaf, for about 45 minutes. You can use canned beans if you wish.
I basically cleaned out my fridge with the rest of the ingredients in this dish. Nothing goes to waste in this house.
Here’s the recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup navy beans (soaked in water overnight then cooked)
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup cucumbers chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in four
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce of your choice
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- Thinly sliced prosciutto (chopped)
- Chopped parsley (I had curly parsley)
1. Soak the beans overnight. Then cook in salty water with a bay leaf until tender. Let cool. You can use canned beans also.
2. Chop the onion, cucumber, tomatoes and garlic clove.
3. Toss the beans, veggies and parsley, in a bowl with the lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve over greens of your choice (I used Artisan Romaine) with the hard boiled eggs and prosciutto.
Recipe written and tested by yours truly, Hannah Hiller of www.detroitisforfoodies.com