Lemon Chicken with Asian Zoodles
- 2 skinless/boneless chicken breasts, butterflied cut in half
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All- purpose flour, for dredging
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place about 3 tablespoons of flour on a plate and dredge the chicken, then shake off the excess.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter is melted, add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until nicely browned. Transfer the chicken to a plate to rest.
Add the lemon juice to the pan and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
Add the remaining butter, (2 tablespoons) and whisk into the lemon juice and the bits. Return the chicken to the pan and cook for an additional minute per side in the lemon butter sauce. Remove from heat.
- 4 Medium zucchini (I get mine at Costco – Organic)
- 1 Medium yellow onion, sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Chili Paste
- 1 tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Black Sesame Seeds, a good pinch or two
Use a spiralizer to “spiralixe” the zucchini and slice the onion as thinly as possible.
Heat a large saute pan and drizzle with olive oil. Add the zucchini and the onions and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper then add the rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, sweet chili paste, soy sauce and mix well. Add the sesame seeds and remove the pan from the heat.
Adjust the seasonings to your liking. I held back with the soy sauce and the sesame oil as I don’t like them to overpower the dish.
Serve the chicken over the zoodles. Enjoy!