These potato pancakes are always perfect to satisfy my fried food cravings. My Dad used to make these ALL THE TIME when I was a kid.
My husband, Jeff, enjoys them with apple sauce. I like them straight up, hot and greasy from the pan. So delicious. Pair with a beer and you got yourself a party!
Here’s the recipe! Enjoy!
- medium potato peeled and grated
- all-purpose flour
- large egg
- A healthy pinch of salt
- Pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Peel the potatoes.
- Using the small to medium side of a cheese grater, grate the potatoes.
- Add the flour, egg, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan with 2 tbs of oil.
- When the oil is hot add the mixture one tablespoon at a time and flatten in the pan.
- Cook until browned and nice and crispy.